Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dear Danielle,

I like getting places on time. I think it is better to get somewhere 5 minutes early than 15 minutes late. My boyfriend takes longer to get ready to go out than I do, and whenever we go to a party or social gathering together we end up arriving late. It makes me really nervous and the whole process of going out becomes stressful. How can I convince my boyfriend to stop doing his hair and leave on time?

Sincerely,
"On Time - All the Time"


Dear "On Time - All the Time",

Being on time for your sisters wedding is critical, being on time for work is important...but being exactly on time for a party is not. Relax a little. Unless your boyfriend is making you show up 45 minutes or more late, stop nagging him. Read a book or catch up on email while you are waiting for him, or even better pour yourself a cocktail. Life is too short to get caught up in something so unimportant. I bet, once you stop nagging he might even get ready quicker...

No comments:

Post a Comment