Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dear Danielle,


My wife and I have a beautiful 8 month old baby girl. I love being a dad, and am so proud of my family. However, before we had a child my wife and I would go out all the time for dinner, to movies and out for drinks with friends. Since our daughter was born my wife feels guilty about leaving her with a babysitter and our social life is dead. Sometimes we have friends over here, but what I really want is to start having date nights again. Ideally, I'd like to go out two nights a week. How do I convince my wife that we still can be good parents while taking time for our selves?


Sincerely,

"Dad but not Socially Dead"


Dear "Dad but not Socially Dead,"

Take this situation into your own hands. Arrange a babysitter without telling your wife. Before the babysitter shows up, present your wife with a new dress you bought her (or choose one you like from her closet) and tell her to get dressed because you have a surprised planned. Take her somewhere special to remind her what fun you used to have on date nights. Kiss her like she is your girlfriend, not your wife. Maybe even present her with a little piece of jewlery at the dinner table. I promise you she will soon forget why she was dreading going out, and she will be begging you to take her out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment