Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dear Danielle,


I really like a guy and I don't know how he feels about me, so I haven't said anything. Another guy really likes me, and hasn't said anything either but it is very obvious and I can tell he thinks I feel the same way. I don't want to lead the second guy on, and I wish I could tell the guy I actually like how I feel, but I'm scared of being rejected or ruining our friendship.
I'm so confused and in the end speechless towards both of them... what should I do?


Sincerely,
"Speechless"


Dear "Speechless",


Arrange some one-on-one time with the guy you like. Cook him dinner or go for a long walk, or do something else that is private and could be romantic yet not over the top. Observe how he reacts, does he treat you like a friend or more like a girlfriend? I believe if a guy likes you he will go after you, so once you give him the opportunity to treat you like more than a friend, see how he deals with it. If he still doesn't make a move or express any interest in being more than just friends, I wouldn't push it with him. You want a guy who will come after you. In terms of the guy who likes you, but you don't like back, no need to mention anything to him until he directly asks you out. If/when he does, tell him that you really appreciate your friendship with him but don't see your relationship extending beyond that. If you don't make a big deal of it he wont either.

No comments:

Post a Comment