Monday, October 26, 2009

My father-in-law came for the weekend to surprise my husband. Unfortunately, my husband had to work most of the time but the up-side was that I got to spend a lot of quality time with my father-in-law.

Advice of the day:

Pick an older wiser person in your life, whether it be a parent, grandparent, aunt or teacher and ask them to share with you either a story or piece of advice. We all know we are supposed to respect/honor our elders, but for along time I thought it was because our elders are due our respect. This weekend I realized we have to respect those older and wiser, not for what it does for them, but what it can do for us. Not only can we learn important lessons and look at the world in a unique way - but listening to the advice of someone with experience can help us avoid making some of the mistakes they have and encourage us to follow in the lead of their successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment