Monday, November 2, 2009

What happens in Vegas...shouldn't happen?

Dear Danielle,

A partner in my husband's law firm is engaged and he is having a bachelor party in Las Vegas. He invited my husband, even though they aren't very social outside of the office. My husband says he has to go because it will impact his chance to make partner if he doesn't act like "one of the guys", but I don't think his decision should impact his career. I don't want him to go because I know a lot of illicit behavior will be going on, and I don't want my husband involved in it. I trust him but I don't trust the other guys. How can I convince my husband that not going wont mean an end to his dream of partner?

Sincerely,
"Anti- Vegas"

Dear "Anti- Vegas,"

If your husband wants to go to this bachelor party, or thinks it will be good for his career, it is not your business to try to convince him not to. Look deep inside yourself, even though you say you trust your husband, why are you so against his one weekend away? Encourage him to go. Don't make him feel like you are his mother, act like a loving wife. In return, invite some girlfriends of yours to go away to a spa for a weekend. Re-connect with your friends and don't obsess over what your husband is doing in Vegas. Boys will be boys, but at the end of the day, the good ones will remain faithful and the less you try to control them the happier your marriage will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment