Monday, August 10, 2009

Life on Fast Forward

Sometimes, the allure of the next moment in time seems so attractive it is hard to stay in the present. I cherish the moments that I just stop and absorb a laugh with a friend, a cuddle with my husband, or a thought of inspiration. Tonight, while watching Julia & Julie, I had one of those stop in my tracks and exhale moments. Sitting next to us was a couple in their late 70's. They held hands and whispered throughout the movie. So did my husband and I, but hey we're young and in love. The older couple next to us made time stop for a moment. They reminded me that by the time we look their age life will have gone by in an instant. If my husband and I could be in love like them and have each other when we are that age we will be the richest people on earth.

My Nana Goldie always told me as a little girl "the past is history, the future is a mystery, and the present is a gift."

Tonight I will fall asleep very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment