Sunday, August 23, 2009

Super Size My Wedding

Dear Danielle,

I am engaged and my fiancee and I will be paying for the wedding, with a little help from our parents. I have been waiting for this day my whole life. Since we have saved up for it, I think we should have a big and lavish wedding. My fiancee wants to elope or have a small destination wedding and invest the money we save in a new home. I feel I will regret not having the big wedding if we opt for his plan. What should we do?

Thanks for your advice,
"Dreaming Of My Big Day"


Dear "Dreaming of My Big Day",

Weddings go by in an instant while a home you will enjoy for years. I agree with your fiancee. Plan a smaller, elegant yet not over the top wedding. You can still have a dress you love, and great food and dancing without wasting your hard earned money on a few hours of your life. Weddings can be personalized with certain details that don't cost a lot and you will not regret it in the long term if your bouquet features 10 roses not 20. Besides, if you ever want to throw an over the top party again, renew your vows in ten years. Surviving 10 years of marriage will definitely be a deserved reason to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment